Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Supermarkets

Shopping in a new country is always a fascinating experience because you get to observe what the locals do and what products are on offer.  It's also a great place to learn the language.

On our 2nd day in Amman, we were taken to a Safeway in the local neighbourhood, Sweifieh.  We weren't too impressed with this place.  It was kind of like a President Mart in Taiwan, but instead of Chinese music being played throughout the shop, it was passionate Arabic music.  I'll try and record it one time because it is actually quite good.

Robert in Safeway

Then we discovered a place called Cozmo.  A big box store that has other stores inside like BHS, Hamleys and an electronic store.  We got very excited when we entered into the food store and found Waitrose products.  For those who don't know Waitrose, it is an excellent food store in the UK.  When we lived in Southampton, we shopped here all the time.  Needless to say, Cozmo will be out local go-to supermarket as it stocks the best products.



Another supermarket that we will go to on a regular basis is Carrefour.  A French supermarket chain that can be found all over the world.  We had one in Taiwan so it is nice to see something that we familiar with, like Waitrose.  I took the following picture when everyone was eating after a whole day of fasting, hence why there are hardly any people.


We are very satisfied with the choices of supermarkets we have found in Amman.  They are all clean and close by.  We just have to remember to bring our shopping bags because we are using far too many plastic bags which of course, is not good for the environment.  The supermarkets give them away willy-nilly.  I always have to repack the bags in order to cut down on the amount :-)  

As soon as we discover more supermarkets, I'll update this entry.




1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete