Thursday, July 26, 2012

Strabane, Co Tyrone, Northern Ireland

One thing I absolutely love about Ireland (apart from my family) is the countryside and the stone walls.  It is so beautiful and old.




Driving to Strabane was lovely.  We had great weather!  Strabane itself is a very small town with not much to do or see.  We got to my Nana's house, had a lovely dinner and we relaxed.



The next day, we had breakfast, a good ole Irish Breakfast with sausage, eggs, bacon, beans and black pudding.  After that, we got on the road and stopped off at a few churches to light candles for our lost loved ones.  I loved this prayer.  Hope you can read it.



All around Ireland, there are statues of Mary and baby Jesus.  The Irish love Mary.  Her image is everywhere.  I love that the Irish celebrate Mary so much because she was a woman and a mother.  It is important to celebrate our mothers because we would not be here or who we are without them.  I love my mothers, sisters and all my female friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment